Job Summary: The Physician Assistant provides diagnosis, consultation, and treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Carry out physical or psychological exam and record the history of the patient.
· Able to give basic healthcare treatment.
· Write prescriptions and orders for medical/psychological tests per State Board of Healing Arts through rule and regulation.
· Able to review the condition of the patient and determine the right course of treatment.
· Attending to the needs of patient’s with the utmost patience, care, compassion, and understanding.
· Must be able to function independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex, critical, and chronically ill patients.
· Ordering and interpreting diagnostic and therapeutic test relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
· Recording diagnostic impressions and evaluating situation calling for attention of a physician to institute treatment procedures.
· Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non- pharmacologic treatment modalities.
· Implementing interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain stability, including but not limited to monitoring the effectiveness of interventions.
· Instructing and counseling patients regarding mental and physical health using procedures received and approved by a licensed physician.
· Facilitating the patient’s transition within the health care setting, e.g. transferring and/or collaborating with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals and facilitating staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
· Oversee their team through care coordination activities, including daily huddle processes, obtaining tests and referral results and communication with outside facilities and providers.
· Develop and approve standing orders as permitted by State law.
· Determine and direct evidence- based approaches to self-management support.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
· Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program with a Master’s of Science in Medicine or Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies.
· Licensed as a PA-C by the State practicing in.
· Two years of experience as a PA-C is preferred