Leave Careers Page
Leave Careers Page
Careers at PFH
Join our rapidly expanding
team of professionals
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
Licensed Practical Nurse- Behavioral Health (LPN)
Hannibal, MO- Clarity Healthcare
Regular Full Time
Job Description/Essential Functions:
Job Summary: The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing skilled nursing services to patients in behavioral health to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Administer client medications including all injections and monitor client medication compliance and side effects. Includes the use of standardized evaluation.
• Document client activities occurring on shifts that are relevant to client’s progress or behavior. Screen and monitor detoxification clients to insure that medical needs are being met.
• Communicate all problems/emergencies regarding clients to the Detox Supervisor, consulting physician, other appropriate personnel, or guardian.
• Utilize and maintain curriculums and complete the necessary preparation for all assigned education groups.
• Order any necessary medication from the pharmacy, make appointments for lab work and schedule physician appointments.
• Monitor client population at all times.
• Assist in orientation of client population with regards to client rights and rules.
• Facilitate group education.
• Adhere to weekly direct service expectations.
• Transcribe all orders from the physician and note off on orders received by Certified Medication Aides.
• Check for accuracy on monthly EMLs.
• Responsible for insuring that all client charts are up to date (i.e. yearly physicals, dental appointments, eye exams, etc.)
• Provide client education regarding medications and review physician orders for treatment modifications that require additional client education.
• Monitor lab levels and consult with the physician, clients, caseworkers, and families.
• Coordinate medication needs with pharmacies, clients, and families, including the use of indigent drug programs.
• Set up medication boxes and medication drops to clients’ residences. (applicable to CPRC)
• Record initial client histories, ongoing progress and vital signs.
• Communicate vital treatment information to team.
• Be an active member of the treatment team. Participate in staffing and help develop interventions.
• Demonstrates interest in long term and short term goals and objectives of the company.
• Other duties as assigned by Clinical Supervisor, Program Director, Vice President, and/or Executive Team members.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
• Licensed Practical Nurse in the applicable State.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Conditions of Employment:
Employment is conditional upon the receipt of appropriate background checks. Upon offer of employment, applicant must grant permission for Preferred Family Healthcare to verify accuracy, legitimacy, and results in regards to the following conditions of employment:
• Adequate employment and/or personal reference checks
• Degrees, transcripts, licenses, certifications, and/or other documents that verify the educational qualifications of the employee
• Verification of eligibility to work in the United States (INS Form – I-9)
• Missouri Employees: Family Care Safety Registry, which includes inquiries from the Missouri State Highway Patrol Criminal Records Division, Highway Patrol Sex Offender Registry, Department of Social Services Child Abuse/Neglect Records, Department of Health and Senior Services Employee . Disqualification List and the Department of Mental Health Employee Disqualification Registry. Kansas Employees: Kansas Department of Social and Rehabilitation Services, Kansas Criminal (KBI)
• Motor vehicle driving record
• Verification that the employee is free of infectious and/or communicable diseases (CPRC/RCF)
© 2014 Preferred Family
Hello from Kirksville :-)