Job Summary: Performs a variety of clerical duties for physicians and clinic staff.
Essential Job Functions:
· Greets, instructs, directs and schedules patients and visitors.
· Retrieves insurance and patient information, provides forms for tests or interoffice communications and secures signatures as needed.
· Enters new and established patient information into the computer.
· Answers incoming calls, sets appointments for patients, dispatches messages and/or calls appropriate.
· Performs patient care activities within the scope of data entry/processing and patient account functions.
· Collection of payments, answers questions on insurance claims, obtaining disability insurance benefits, home health care, medical equipment, surgical care, medical records and patient referrals.
· In communicating with patients, families, visitors and employees, a caring, friendly, personal and professional approach is expected.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
· Medical office training beneficial. Education necessary to communicate effectively in written and verbal form. Knowledge of business office procedures, medical terminology and insurance procedures beneficial. Must have computer knowledge, typing skills and knowledge of basic math.
· One year experience in a clinic setting beneficial or two years in a public contact position.
· CPR certification beneficial.