Job Summary: The Nurse Practitioner provides diagnosis, consultation and treatment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Carry out physical or psychological exam and record the history of the patient.
· Able to give basic healthcare treatment.
· Writes prescriptions and orders for medical/psychological tests.
· Able to review the condition of the patient and determine the right course of treatment.
· Attending to the needs of patient’s with the utmost patience, care, compassion and understanding.
· Must be able to function independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex, critical and chronically ill patients.
· Ordering and interpreting diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
· Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
· Implementing interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain stability, including but not limited to monitoring the effectiveness of interventions.
· Facilitating the patient’s transition within the health care setting, e.g. transferring and/or collaborating with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals and facilitating staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
· Oversee their team through care coordination activities, including daily huddle processes, obtaining test and referral results and communication with outside facilities and providers.
· Develop and approve standing orders as permitted by State law.
· Determine and direct evidence-based approaches to self-management support.
· Collaborate with other team members to address the need of the vulnerable populations identified.
Experience and Education Qualifications:
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
· Licensed as a RN in the State of Missouri
· Licensed as an APRN by the State of Missouri.
· Two years of experience as a Psychiatry Nurse Practitioner.